Friday, August 10, 2007

Big Digging yourself into a hole....

Hello CharlieBlog fans, Transithistory fans and users, and everyone else! I am happy to be back home with my railfans \ transitfans. All though I'm not in charge, I see that we are now in great hands and are keeping to my original mission with what was the MBTA Forum @ Boardzero - giving people an outlet to discuss, debate, relive and dream. Transithistory has some really great content, and I see nothing but success.

So to the topic at hand...
http://www.bostonnow.com/news/local/2007/08/10/conflict_of_interest/
This is a situation I would define as words I'd rather not say.... but I'll give you the first 8 letters... C L U S T E R F... (you figure the rest out). So many people are to blame for this... in fact, everybody involved in the project is, IMO. It is this typical corruption that is running rampant in our country today that is the reason why those who aren't rich are suffering... are wondering how they will make ends meet... what will they do when they retire... It sickens me that for those billions of dollars, we getting falling tunnels, ignored deadlines, leaking tunnels, UGLY tunnels (what happened to the porcelain ceilings?)... And oh by the way, MBTA what happened to Arborway service? What happened to an adequate replacement for the old elevated orange line - oh wait, you painted a bus silver - that'll do it... What happened to the green line extension to Medford? How about adequate service in Dorchester \ Roxbury \ Mattapan? These guys fought to have a commuter line to Greenbush - the towns didn't want it, but they went for it... meanwhile, you have the 15, 21, 22, 23, 28, 31, 45, 66 buses that are packed to capacity... all the time. A subway or even light rail line could easily be made from Mattpan to Dudley... in fact, it could be Mattapan to Park Street - via the current Silver Line Washington, and entering ALREADY BUILT tunnels connecting with the Green at Boylston and continuing to Park (the "F" line). BRT lines can be reserved for the outrageously heavy bus routes in the city, as opposed to routes that should be actual rapid transit.
I've gone completely off topic....
Well anyhow, I'll have more to post next pretty soon as I let loose on whoever pisses me off...

Love you guys!

1 comment:

luckycharm said...

While I agree with most of the content of your post, I object to your comments about the Greenbush line. Yes, the voices of opposition were strong (people abutting the tracks, the town government of Hingham...) However, the (silent) majority of people in Cohasset, Scituate and Hingham (yes, even Hingham, although it was a slimmer majority-- according to a (now former) Cohasset selectman) supported the train. Having grown up in Cohasset and experienced some of the horrid rush hour traffic on 93 I am very excited that real public transit is finally coming to my hometown.

Layout By Blogcrowds